Thursday, June 14, 2012

T-Bagger on Xbox Live


If you personally know me, then you know I’m a gamer.  You also know that I heart Halo.  How do either of these things have to with religion or politics?  It comes up more than you would think.



Typically I’m playing with one my friends, Travis.  Travis likes to try to start shit with people on Xbox Live.  Sometimes he tries to goad them into being a racist or a homophobe or he talks about how he voted for Obama.  Most of the time this doesn’t do anything.  We get mute banned sometimes, so we don’t know if anyone can hear us.  Lately we haven’t been, so Travis whips out his ‘I voted for Obama’.



There was one guy on our team that went off.  We messed with him a little at first, because I typically don’t go on Halo for political debates.  Then I got serious.  I asked him why he hated the president so much?  He says that he hasn’t created one job.  I told him that he’s created upward of 4 million jobs.  He denied it.  I told him that we were losing 750,000 jobs a month at the end of the Bush presidency and that at the height of the stimulus we were gaining 260,000 jobs, but even last month of 69k was better than losing ¾ of a million jobs a month.  Obama has handed that.  That economy where it was spiraling off of the cliff getting ready to smash into a thousand pieces when it hit the ground.  That's what he was handed.



He said that was only one month (because I sited December).  I then went through the months before, I have the months around that more or less memorized.  He eventually went back to calling me a Democrat and Liberal, like it was an insult.  Travis asked him why he likes Mitt Romney?  He said it was that he had better policies.  I told him that he wanted to give rich people more tax cuts when their taxes are really low already.  He says that proportionally they are the same.  I told him the Mitt paid 13.5% admittingly in a video interview.  He was silent… and then he started with the insults again.  I eventually betrayed him to piss him off and I got booted.  Travis stayed on and got insulted for another couple minutes, making no headway.



This is conservatism.  This guy on XBL.  He was the foxbot that I rarely deal with in real life, other than my father, which is a totally different post.  He doesn’t know facts.  He gets confused when you give him facts or he just gets mad and starts insulting you as a defense mechanism.  They take your disagreement with them personally.  Religion often times works the same way.



There are quite a few of these guys/ladies on XBL.  Well I personally haven’t run into a lady like this, but I’m sure they’re out there.  This instance, like the all of the other encounters on XBL, the internet, and most of the real life situations, I’ve experienced, always devolve into racism.  Always, always, always, the conservatives I talk to come out as either a blatant racist (like in this case) or allude to their racism (like at work).



I think I personally have talked to one conservative that I wasn’t 100% sure was a racist.  Though an instance when during the primaries in 2008 when he called Obama, Mufasa… so maybe he was a racist. 


So if you find yourself on XBL playing Halo or whatever, put some tentacles out there and see if you can find a racist t-bagger, because there are a lot of them out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.